Welcome to the heart of Northern Norway
The Harstad region is located in the middle of Northern Norway, with Tromsø to the north, Bodø to the south, Narvik to the east and the archipelago of Lofoten & Vesterålen to the west. This location, sourrounding Evenes Airport, makes the region a logical starting point for tourists visiting Northern Norway, and most of the tourist sights can be reached within three hours travel time (by car or boat) from the city of Harstad.
- The city of Tromsø: 2,5 hours by boat.
- The city of Narvik: 1,5 hours by car. Daytrip possible.
- Lofoten Islands: 2,5 hours by car to Svolvær. Daytrip possible.
- Whalesafari (summer): 3,5 hours to the sights in Vesterålen. Daytrip possible.
- Killer whale safari: (winter) 1,5 hours to Lødingen. Daytrip possible.
The Harstad region itself gives a wide range of opportunities for combining town activities with leisure activities like hiking, biking, fishing and skiing. Natural attractions like the midnight sun in summer and the northern lights in winter in combination with some of the world’s most spectacular scenery, makes this a region perfect for nature based tourism.
Destination Harstad will take pleasure in assisting you in your planning. Please do not hesitate to contact us.